[NatureNS] salamander, hummingbirds and swallows

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 11:36:50 -0300

My neighbours, David and carol Doggett of White Point, Queens found a blue
spotted Salamander, big! "about 8" long" in a bucket of water Sunday, May
15th, 2016. It was alive when they removed it from the bucket, she said.
There should be photos available to share when she gets them to me, if
someone is interested.
Lovely day here. There is a female hummingbird about but few males. One was
quite defensive of the feeders as he is usually is (ultra small guy who
returns) but he is absent. I haven't seen him in several days. Maybe it will
pick up when the weather warms a bit.

So far only one swallows family in residence. There is a third swallow that
comes in but is chased away. I have yet to see a barn swallow.
Maybe Thursday I can run over to the old fish plant in Port L'herbert to see
if it is still there and still offering refuge to birds various.

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.