[NatureNS] Mountain Bluebird in Antigonish

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 09:32:50 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--047d7bb03d7e0e17bb05331d10bd

All,

Yesterday I got a call from Les Ryter, a long-time birder (but largely
unknown to the birding community). He watched a Mountain Bluebird from a
window in his building (138 College St. Antigonish) for about three
minutes. He consulted his field guide to get the ID - when I asked him
about Indigo Bunting, he was confident that that was not the bird. His bird
was near feeders, possibly attracted by the other birds, but it never went
to the feeders (evidence for MoBl, not for InBu).

Anyway, I went for a look and did not find it again, but have alerted the
locals. If I get an update, I'll let you know.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--047d7bb03d7e0e17bb05331d10bd

ter, a long-time birder (but largely unknown to the birding community). He =
watched a Mountain Bluebird from a window in his building (138 College St. =
Antigonish) for about three minutes. He consulted his field guide to get th=
e ID - when I asked him about Indigo Bunting, he was confident that that wa=
s not the bird. His bird was near feeders, possibly attracted by the other =
birds, but it never went to the feeders (evidence for MoBl, not for InBu).<=
n, but have alerted the locals. If I get an update, I&#39;ll let you know.<=
gnature">_________________________________<br>RF Lauff<br>Way in the boonie=

--047d7bb03d7e0e17bb05331d10bd--