[NatureNS] Swift watch night 2 Temperance St New Glasgow

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 22:29:05 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Hi all
Tonight in New Glasgow it was 14C, 90% cloud and light winds at the Old Temperance St school building. Present with me were Barry Harrison and Kelley Cavan who were there when I arrived just before 20:30. About 59 chimney swifts were flying about when I arrived. The first 6 did not go in until 20:45. A group of 110 flew in at 20:56 and 191 at 20:59. Small numbers continued each minute until the last at 21:16. It was getting a little dark to count so I left at 21:22.
Evening swift total 364- a pretty good show tonight.
Cheers Ken
Sent from my iPad