[NatureNS] Canada Warbler and Olive-sided Flycatcher

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 19:03:55 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_Cd15AhLZdiJXkNt+k/rrIg)

I had a Canada Warbler here too, early yesterday and this morning in my backyard, Dartmouth, NS. VERY sure about the ID. No pictures but saw & heard it, a number of times. Used my binoculars carefully. Also several Red-eyed Vireoes, later this afternoon.

Gayle MacLean
Glenwood Avenue.

On 05/30/16 06:09 PM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Saw my FOY Canada Warbler singing today in nearby Lakeview, Kings Co. It was in a riverside treed area with the kind of open deciduous understory they are supposed to prefer for nesting so I hope it will stay around. CAWAs were a species of concern (or something along those lines) at one time but their status may have changed. Any others being noted around NS this Spring?
>
> An Olive-sided Flycatcher was calling, but not singing, from a treetop around my place this morning. I find their "pip-pip-pip" call (i.e. http://www.xeno-canto.org/53782) to be as distinctive as their loud "quick-three-beers" song. Shy birds they are not.
>
> Nancy
> E Dalhousie, Kings Co.

--Boundary_(ID_Cd15AhLZdiJXkNt+k/rrIg)

<DIV>I had a Canada Warbler here too,&nbsp;early yesterday and this morning in my backyard, Dartmouth, NS. VERY sure about the ID. No pictures but saw &amp; heard it, a number of times. Used my binoculars carefully. Also several Red-eyed Vireoes, later this afternoon. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gayle MacLean</DIV><DIV>Glenwood Avenue.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><SPAN>On 05/30/16 06:09 PM, <B class=name>NancyDowd </B>&lt;nancypdowd@gmail.com&gt; wrote:</SPAN>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=iwcQuote style="PADDING-LEFT: 13px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #00f 1px solid" cite=mid:8AE55F09-4968-44DD-9AAB-159AD38307CE@gmail.com type="cite">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_Cd15AhLZdiJXkNt+k/rrIg)--