[NatureNS] more migrants arriving

From: "Judy" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 15:15:00 -0300

Lovely to hear an Eastern Wood-Pewee singing again in our Ridge Road woods
this morning. Like Ron Wilson's report I was concerned with its late
arrival.  Gordon heard a Swainson's Thrush yesterday in our woods, back on
territory, and now a Red-eyed Vireo has joined the woodland refrain.

Sadly the Tree Swallows that use my nesting box across the road never
returned this year. I suspect they succumbed to lack of enough flying
insects to survive last year, which may explain why their three 2-3 day old
chicks starved to death in their nest on the Ridge.

Saw a pretty blue butterfly flitting through the forget-me-knots this
morning.