[NatureNS] New Glasgow swift watch

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 22:27:25 -0300
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,

Hi all
Tonight at the old Temperance St school in New Glasgow there was a nice showing of Chimney Swift action before they entered the chimney for the night. We were only a party of two observers with my observation period from 20:30- 21:23. It was a cool, moderately windy and a temperature of 12C. The bulk of the swifts entered between 20:54 to 21:01 with the last bird entering at 21:04.  A total of 480 were tallied tonight- the largest number I recorded here this year. Nice to have a good night and total for the 4th and last official swiftwatch count for 2016.
Cheers
Ken

Ken McKenna
Plymouth, Pictou co.