[NatureNS] new video

From: Paul Ruggles <cpruggles@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 14:33:20 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi all,
As I mentioned a few days ago, I came across a doe lying peacefully under a tree not more than 10 metres from me! Her behaviour was so strange to me that I thought I might witness the birth of a fawn. I have never run across a doe deer in the woods that would remain so unconcerned while bedded down. Took some video over a 5 to 10 minute interlude before she rose and slowly walked away.

After the doe episode, I took some video of my "pal" the grouse that I have been videoing for the past 3 months at a specific location on a remote woods road. The male grouse is completely unafraid and seems to enjoy company.

Hope you enjoy my most recent close encounters of Nova Scotia woodlands.

Summer starts on Monday!

Paul.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN9vPZWRq8auD66f8rfEKeQ