[NatureNS] Birdsong ID help request......

From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay135@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 20:24:46 -0300

"http://www.natureinstruct.org/dendroica/spec.php/Canada"&gt;http://www.n
--------------8ED32E3875CE2AFE6B73DF19

My thanks to ALL  - your responses to my  birdsong ID request were much
appreciated.  Following the initial posts, I Googled Cornell and All
About Birds for Northern Parula but their song did not match what I had
heard (and I don't recall any mention about the fact that there were two
songs) but when Donna pointed this out - BINGO - I was hearing the A
version!  Special thanks to you Donna - that's what it was and I can now
get on with the rest of my day!!!

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright

> Hi Eleanor:  I'd agree with Richard Stern, that your bird is a Northern
> Parula.  They have a buzzy, upward song that generally ends abruptly on a
> final downward note.   Check out Dendroica website, then type in Northern
> Parula.  I am hearing them sing their "B version" song more often these
> days, but you have described the "A" song.  Dendroica has all their songs
> and calls.
>

> The Red-eyed vireo is more reminiscent of the Robin, but with pauses between
> each phrase, and the males really wears himself out!  It can get a little
> irritating after a while if he is close by.  I don't think that's your bird,
> but you can check him out on Dendroica also.
>

> Donna Crossland

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>

      were much appreciated.  Following the initial posts, I Googled
      Cornell and All About Birds for Northern Parula but their song did
      not match what I had heard (and I don't recall any mention about
      the fact that there were two songs) but when Donna pointed this
      out - BINGO - I was hearing the A version!  Special thanks to you
      Donna - that's what it was and I can now get on with the rest of
      my day!!!  </p>
    Eleanor Lindsay<br>
    Seabright    <br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Hi Eleanor:  I'd agree with Richard Stern, that your bird is a Northern
[...]

</pre>

--------------8ED32E3875CE2AFE6B73DF19--