[NatureNS] Feeding hummingbirds

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 21:20:46 -0300

Lindsay&lt;/span&gt;&lt
Has this behaviour been happening since the hummers first came back this
year, Eleanor, or is it more recent?  Have you made any changes with
flowers in your yard?  When my Weigela bushes are blooming, the hummers
seem to have plenty of food and don't need the feeders much.  I've
always used soap to clean my feeders too, with no problems.  I also
bring the syrup to a boil, then let it cool before refilling the
feeders.  I am accustomed to changing the syrup once per week, and have
been wondering if I should do it more frequently with the hot weather we
have been having.  Usually N.S. is cool enough that it isn't necessary
to do it every 3 days, as in other places.

Lois Codling
L. Sackville