[NatureNS] Early Warbler Movement PLUS

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 17:21:59 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D1E699.0D0018F0

Friday and sat early there were two each of Barn and Tree swallows =
swinging about the neighbourhood.=20
I haven=E2=80=99t been able to do much beach walking this year so I am =
not sure where the swallows are staging from around here. It was quite =
often back by the trestle at Summerville.=20

Sat and Sunday, our maple tree tops were absolutely full of all kind of =
small twittering birds. A pure heavenly soundtrack. My glasses =
don=E2=80=99t allow me to id them. Someday I will pick up a decent pair. =

We also had a lot of visitors to the fine seed feeder. Purple finches, =
pine siskins, gold finches and a kinglet, ruby crowned. There was a =
family of nuthatches working the trunk as well. Today they =
aren=E2=80=99t here. It is quite quiet. The hummingbirds look to be =
ready to go early as well.  take heed.=20

I was chatting with an in law who camps at Thomas Raddall. A week or so =
ago she said around the old MacDonald house in the park you =
couldn=E2=80=99t move for the toads of all sizes moving through. She =
said it was really creepy, like a bad movie. Hmmm Sounds neat to me. =
There is the difference in people. I have seen one toad on our property =
so far this year and sadly the truck did a number to it before I saw it. =
This yard was so full of them  for years. I expect the ride on mowers =
all over this area have taken a toll.=20
Best regards, Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D1E699.0D0018F0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Friday and sat early there were two each of Barn and Tree swallows =
swinging=20
about the neighbourhood. </DIV>
<DIV>I haven=E2=80=99t been able to do much beach walking this year so I =
am not sure=20
where the swallows are staging from around here. It was quite often back =
by the=20
trestle at Summerville. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sat and Sunday, our maple tree tops were absolutely full of all =
kind of=20
small twittering birds. A pure heavenly soundtrack. My glasses =
don=E2=80=99t allow me to=20
id them. Someday I will pick up a decent pair. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We also had a lot of visitors to the fine seed feeder. Purple =
finches, pine=20
siskins, gold finches and a kinglet, ruby crowned. There was a family of =

nuthatches working the trunk as well. Today they aren=E2=80=99t here. It =
is quite quiet.=20
The hummingbirds look to be ready to go early as well.&nbsp; take heed. =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was chatting with an in law who camps at Thomas Raddall. A week =
or so ago=20
she said around the old MacDonald house in the park you couldn=E2=80=99t =
move for the=20
toads of all sizes moving through. She said it was really creepy, like a =
bad=20
movie. Hmmm Sounds neat to me. There is the difference in people. I have =
seen=20
one toad on our property so far this year and sadly the truck did a =
number to it=20
before I saw it. This yard was so full of them&nbsp; for years. I expect =
the=20
ride on mowers all over this area have taken a toll. </DIV>
<DIV>Best regards, Marg Millard, White Point, Queens</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D1E699.0D0018F0--