[NatureNS] Giant Slug

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 07:51:37 -0400

> One behaviour I particularly  noticed is that they eat other L. maximus,
> especially those recently rendered helpless, mostly from having been
> stepped on by humans. So this slug is a cannibal.

* many Molluscs will do this - we used to have situations where a Cepaea
snail would be roadkilled, and then a few of its friends would come out
to feed on it on the pavement, and they'd be roadkilled in turn, until
there was a big smear of shell fragments and flesh on the road.

fred.

--
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History