[NatureNS] very large Evening Primrose

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 17:34:21 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I saw this large flower this morning in Lakeview, Kings Co. It stood out b/c I have never seen such a big Evening Primrose flower (~5cm across):
https://500px.com/photo/170746217/oenothera-biennis-by-nancy?ctx_page=1&from=user&user_id=17371857

My Newbomb's guide pointed me toward Sundrops (Oenothera fruticosa). But according to my downloaded Plants of NS,  O, biennis and O. grandiflora are more likely and separated largely by flower size of which this plant is on the fence at 5cm. But I am guessing it is the former which is much more common. There was only one in bloom in the road ditch bordered by fields that I noticed as I drove along. I am often at this location and have not observed these before.

Comments on ID?

Nancy