[NatureNS] Brier Island

From: Eric Mills <E.Mills@Dal.Ca>
To: Marg Millard <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 23:16:41 +0000

It depends a lot on overnight winds an less tangible factors. If you have time before the cruise, I suggest visiting the bird banding group near Northern Point. Going north, before you get to ưNorthern Point, look for a track on the left about 150m before the trees end and follow it a short distance to the banding station.

Apart from that, a short drive from Westport to Southern Point, where the Slocum monument is located gives good views of Peters Island and lots of bird activity.

All the best

Eric

Eric L. Mills
Lower Rose Bay