[NatureNS] Possible Stilt Sandpiper at Lawrencetown

From: Paul Murray <murraypaul@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 15:20:21 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a1140b160a7551e053bc6bb03

Hi All,

While scrounging around yesterday for photo ops at Rainbow Haven and
Lawrencetown, I came upon what I think is a *Stilt Sandpiper* in the pools
across from the beach house at Lawrencetown Beach.  Not 100% on this as he
looks a lot like some of the SB Dowitchers in Fall plumage currently in the
area.  However, the body shape more like a Yellowlegs and the shorter
de-curved and stockier bill, evidence of the rusty patch behind the eye and
the obvious white eyebrow indicate to me it is a Stilt SP in Fall plumage.

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Pictures at:

https://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2016/n-HJQ8Xg

Paul Murray
Dartmouth

--001a1140b160a7551e053bc6bb03

ay for photo ops at Rainbow Haven and Lawrencetown, I came upon what I thin=
k is a <b>Stilt Sandpiper</b> in the pools across from the beach house at L=
awrencetown Beach.=C2=A0 Not 100% on this as he looks a lot like some of th=
e SB Dowitchers in Fall plumage currently in the area.=C2=A0 However, the b=
ody shape more like a Yellowlegs and the shorter de-curved and stockier bil=
l, evidence of the rusty patch behind the eye and the obvious white eyebrow=
.com/Nature/Nature-2016/n-HJQ8Xg">https://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Na=
artmouth</div></div>

--001a1140b160a7551e053bc6bb03--