[NatureNS] Gannets Strait of Canso

From: David Johnston <mkjdwj@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 20:31:49 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--94eb2c05a4da563960053e62ee13

Many gannets (1000 plus) reported to me at the Strait of Canso on Friday
and today, Saturday. I managed to check it out today and found numerous
Gannets north of the Canso Causeway off of Troy Beach. We have not seen any
number of Gannets here at the Causeway for quite a few years. Gannets
appear to be both immature and mature. Also pilot wales and what appears to
be dolphins in the water along with many Bonaparte's Gulls and other gulls.
Billfish obvious in the water. Billfish have been scarce for many years.
Why have they suddenly returned? Very interesting.

--94eb2c05a4da563960053e62ee13

anso on Friday and today, Saturday. I managed to check it out today and fou=
nd numerous Gannets north of the Canso Causeway off of Troy Beach. We have =
not seen any number of Gannets here at the Causeway for quite a few years. =
Gannets appear to be both immature and mature. Also pilot wales and what ap=
pears to be dolphins in the water along with many Bonaparte&#39;s Gulls and=
 other gulls. Billfish obvious in the water. Billfish have been scarce for =
many years. Why have they suddenly returned? Very interesting.<br></div>

--94eb2c05a4da563960053e62ee13--