[NatureNS] N. Goshawk, Pine Warbler

To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 23:01:25 -0400

We had a close encounter with a N. Goshawk today while having tea out on
our deck this afternoon (Nov. 15!  Amazing!)  We have been seeing this
bird occasionally, but today it swooped in a big circle around the yard
only about 15 ft. away from us!  And repeated that action 3 or 4 times.
Really neat.

The Pine Warbler has been seen twice in the past week.  It is a bright
one and is hard to distinguish from the Goldfinch, esp. as it enjoys the
same food.  It prefers to eat on the ground under the hulled sunflower
feeder.

Lois Codling
L. Sackville