[NatureNS] Re: The Choice of the Grey Jay as our National Bird

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:43:05 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_9/KKLHfMyzpDRrq45SpttA)

 Hi All,

I put this on my FB page and some replied that they thought this choice was (quote/unquote) 'stupid'. That they had never even heard of this bird, and that they had never seen it. There comment was, why was the Canada Goose not considered?

Know Canada Geese can be nasty and messy, & a 'pest' by many, BUT, they are very numerous in EVERY province and territory (I think), VERY easily identified by almost everyone in Canada and, are certainly a choice game bird by hunters, during hunting season.

Also, saw many at most parks when I have travelled overseas, and are all identified as Canada Geese.

Love to know other folks thoughts.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_9/KKLHfMyzpDRrq45SpttA)

<DIV>&nbsp;Hi All,</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I put this on my FB page and some replied that they thought this choice was (quote/unquote) 'stupid'. That they had never even heard of this bird, and that they had never seen it. There comment was, why was the Canada Goose not considered?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Know&nbsp;Canada Geese&nbsp;can be nasty and messy, &amp; a 'pest' by many, BUT, they are very numerous in EVERY province and territory (I think), VERY easily identified by almost everyone in Canada and, are certainly a choice game bird by hunters, during hunting season.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Also, saw many at most parks when I have travelled overseas, and are all identified as Canada Geese. </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Love to know other folks thoughts.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gayle MacLean</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_9/KKLHfMyzpDRrq45SpttA)--