[NatureNS] Isle Haute CBC interview Bill Casey

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken54@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:36:42 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi all
Just listening to Bill Casey interview on CBC and my ears perked up at a couple of things he said. First it is home to 300 species of birds. Surely this is a political exaggeration. He also stated that the Leach's Storm-Petrel is endangered or something to that effect. In fact, Birdlife International has it in the category of least concern.
Regardless it would be nice to have the isle preserved. I know some people in this forum have been there so maybe a comment or two about it might be interesting.
Cheers
Ken

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad