[NatureNS] Kingston XBC - December23

From: "Wayne P. Neily" <Neilyornis@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS List <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 14:30:14 +0000

--_000_BN3PR16MB06902337225652A01CBC5001D1830BN3PR16MB0690namp_

The 49th annual Kingston Christmas Bird Count is to be held Friday, Decembe=
r 23, 2016.  As usual, we are looking for more keen birders to help get the=
 best coverage possible of our circle, which includes everything from Lower=
 Middleton to East Aylesford in the Valley, and from Margaretsville to Nich=
olsville and Torbrook.

You can help either as a field observer or, if you live within the circle, =
as a feeder observer.  Feeders strongly affect the winter distribution of m=
any species here, so especially if yours are not visible from the road, you=
r observations can be important, even if only for an hour or two during cou=
nt day.  Please contact me (Neilyornis@hotmail.com or 902-765-2455) this we=
ek if you want to observe, so that your site can be mapped and the field pa=
rty covering that area can be alerted so that we do not get duplication of =
counts.

Another way that you can contribute to this citizen science initiative is t=
o let me know of any uncommon birds frequenting your area, or even seen onl=
y once, during this month.  If you do not know the birds well, this is a go=
od chance to learn more about them.  For something new to you, or for which=
 you  are uncertain of the identity, note a description of it, or try to ge=
t a photo.

Enjoy the season, and take part in the world's longest-running and most ext=
ensive wildlife survey!

Wayne Neily

Compiler, Kingston Christmas Bird Count

Tremont, NS

--_000_BN3PR16MB06902337225652A01CBC5001D1830BN3PR16MB0690namp_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" dir=3D"ltr">
mber 23, 2016.&nbsp; As usual, we are looking for more keen birders to help=
 get the best coverage possible of our circle, which includes everything fr=
om Lower Middleton to East Aylesford
 in the Valley, and from Margaretsville to Nicholsville and Torbrook.&nbsp;=
e, as a feeder observer.&nbsp; Feeders strongly affect the winter distribut=
ion of many species here, so especially if yours are not visible from the r=
oad, your observations can be important,
 even if only for an hour or two during count day.&nbsp; Please contact me&=
nbsp;(Neilyornis@hotmail.com or 902-765-2455)&nbsp;<strong>this week</stron=
g> if you want to observe, so that your site can be mapped and the field pa=
rty covering that area can be alerted so that we
 do not get duplication of counts.</p>
s to let me know of any uncommon birds frequenting your area, or even seen =
only once, during this month.&nbsp; If you do not know the birds well, this=
 is a good chance to learn more about
 them.&nbsp; For something new to you, or for which you&nbsp; are uncertain=
 of the identity, note a description of it, or try to get a photo.&nbsp;
most extensive wildlife survey!</p>

--_000_BN3PR16MB06902337225652A01CBC5001D1830BN3PR16MB0690namp_--