[NatureNS] Butterfly Guide

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 13:56:29 -0400

--------------45CD3FB5B020FE77F8787140

Thanks for the feedback Fritz.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 12/6/2016 11:21 AM, Fritz McEvoy wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
>     Thanks for the link. The card looks very useful and it's laminated
> - something often not in cluded in this style of field guide. The
> photos appear clear and info on the card are easy to read and
> understand. It even treats Cape Breton as a seperate region, something
> rarely done in field guides. For $13 it's a steal.
>
>      The website itself is even more useful. It's the best field guide
> for butterflies in this region I've seen. The thumbnails are organized
> by family and the species photos show images of both sexes and wing
> positions. There's also a link, on each species page, to the
> 'Butterflies of Canada' for further info.
>
>      There are a few suggestions I'd make as additional
> improvements to the website species pages. A Peterson style arrow
> system with the photos would be helpful. Also showing the species
> info (habitat, range, flight season, host plants etc.) and photos of
> the eggs, caterpillers, pupa of the species shown on the species page
> rather than just a link. These are just ideas and even as is this is
> one of the best Lepidoptera sites I've seen. All the best.
>
>                 Fritz McEvoy
>
>                 Sunrise Valley CB, (near Dingwall)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:SN1PR18MB0381903FE0F0C7400A4EBB7EB7820@SN1PR18MB0381.namprd18.prod.outlook.com"
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"
        dir="ltr">
          laminated - something often not in cluded in this style of
          field guide. The photos appear clear and info on the card are
          easy to read and understand. It even treats Cape Breton as a
          seperate region, something rarely done in field guides. For
          $13 it's a steal.</p>
          field guide for butterflies in this region I've seen. The
          thumbnails are organized by family and the species photos show
          images of both sexes and wing positions. There's also a link,
          on each species page, to the 'Butterflies of Canada' for
          further info. </p>
          improvements to the website species pages. A Peterson style
          arrow system with the photos would be helpful. Also showing
          the species info (habitat, range, flight season, host plants
          etc.) and photos of the eggs, caterpillers, pupa of the
          species shown on the species page rather than just a link.
          These are just ideas and even as is this is one of the best
          Lepidoptera sites I've seen. All the best.</p>
      <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex="-1">
          face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b>
          MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net><br>
          the butterflies of the Maritimes put together by Rick Cavasin
          of Ottawa.  I am not into butterflies as much as some of you
          are and thus can't assess how good it is.  The website does
          show one for Quebec<br>
        <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.maritimes.butterflyguide.ca/pocket-guides">http://www.maritimes.butterflyguide.ca/pocket-guides</a><br>
        Don<br>