[NatureNS] White Point Christmas Bird Count

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 23:16:50 +0000

--_000_BN6PR11MB14418F6DFD2ECB96B98F2ECBB59A0BN6PR11MB1441namp_

Today was not the best of days to be out and about on a Christmas Bird Coun=
t, but White Point was completed.  It was done with only one team in the fi=
eld of three individuals.  Only a little over half of the territory could b=
e covered, but I was pleased with the results.   I have one feeder watcher =
hear from yet, but without those results we had a preliminary total of 44 s=
pecies.  Good birds were three pine warblers.  One was with a bright yellow=
 throat and the other two were dull.  There were at least two separate bird=
s just before Fort Point in Liverpool.  They were in the trees to the right=
 just before you get to the turn in to Fort Point.  The other pine warbler =
was at Moose Harbour on the way to Western Head.  Two nice groups of Bohemi=
an waxings were nice to see and a group of 30 cedar waxwings also.  In Live=
rpool we had seven northern cardinals together, comprised of one male and s=
ix females.  Summerville Beach produced eight yellow-rumped warblers.  Ther=
e was a male northern shoveler at White Point by the end of the walking tra=
il.

James R. Hirtle

LaHave

--_000_BN6PR11MB14418F6DFD2ECB96B98F2ECBB59A0BN6PR11MB1441namp_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" dir=3D"ltr">
ount, but White Point was completed. &nbsp;It was done with only one team i=
n the field of three individuals. &nbsp;Only a little over half of the terr=
itory could be covered, but I was pleased
 with the results. &nbsp; I have one feeder watcher hear from yet, but with=
out those results we had a preliminary total of 44 species. &nbsp;Good bird=
s were three pine warblers. &nbsp;One was with a bright yellow throat and t=
he other two were dull. &nbsp;There were at least two
 separate birds just before Fort Point in Liverpool. &nbsp;They were in the=
 trees to the right just before you get to the turn in to Fort Point. &nbsp=
;The other pine warbler was at Moose Harbour on the way to Western Head. &n=
bsp;Two nice groups of Bohemian waxings were nice
 to see and a group of 30 cedar waxwings also. &nbsp;In Liverpool we had se=
ven northern cardinals together, comprised of one male and six females. &nb=
sp;Summerville Beach produced eight yellow-rumped warblers. &nbsp;There was=
 a male northern shoveler at White Point by the
 end of the walking trail. &nbsp;</p>

--_000_BN6PR11MB14418F6DFD2ECB96B98F2ECBB59A0BN6PR11MB1441namp_--