[NatureNS] Dec. 14 Christmas Bird Count: White Point, Queens

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>,
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 23:09:13 -0400

I forgot to add the woodpeckers, see below
Dec. 14 Christmas Bird Count:    White Point, Queens 9 am to dark

Mourning Doves: 39+ (cat arrived just as the supper crowd arrived so not all
landed.)
Blue Jays: 12
Chickadees: 15
Juncos: 12
Sparrows: Song 5
                 White Throats 15
                 American Tree 1
Goldfinches: 13
Grackles: 3
Waxwings: 12 + (I could see and hear what they were but not which ones they
were)
Starlings: 12+
Red Winged Blackbirds: 2 females or Juveniles
                                    1 Male
Cardinal: 1
Woodpeckers: Hairy, 1 female
                         Downy, 1 male, 1 female
Crows: 7
Nuthatches, WB: 3
Sharp Shinned Hawk: 1
Robin: 1
Brown Creeper: 1
Eider Ducks: 3

Also had 3 squirrels, a big Vole and a chipmunk (Latest we have had a
Chipmunk that we know of) as well as a neighbourhood cat.

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.