[NatureNS] Trumpeter Swan search

From: Eric Mills <E.Mills@Dal.Ca>
To: NSRBA <ns-rba@yahoogroups.com>, Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 21:44:15 +0000

--_000_BN6PR03MB248150EC76969BC59E3DACC3837D0BN6PR03MB2481namp_

The wing-tagged Trumpeter Swan that was found yesterday was last seen mid-m=
orning yesterday (Sunday). A number of us searched the area from LaHave vil=
lage and beyond to Cherry Hill Beach today with no success. It apparently h=
as been AWOL from southern Ontario for three months, so it could show up an=
ywhere or nowhere.

The day was far from birdless. Early in the (cold) morning I found a Killde=
er on a sandy stretch of shoreline well south of the extreme southern end o=
f the Green Bay Road. Others saw it later. A male Eurasian Wigeon was with =
Mallards and American Wigeon along the Green Bay Road near the main group o=
f houses at the north end of the village. The Willet that I saw at a distan=
ce in the Petite Riviere estuary and posted earlier landed right in front o=
f me later on the south side of the estuary and was indeed a Western (likel=
y the same bird found by Dave Currie during the Broad Cove CBC in December)=
. Dave Currie found a male American Kestrel along Hwy 331 just south of Bro=
ad Cove, and nearby an immature Northern Harrier was sailing along the shor=
e.

Eric L. Mills

Lower Rose Bay

Lunenburg Co., NS

--_000_BN6PR03MB248150EC76969BC59E3DACC3837D0BN6PR03MB2481namp_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" dir=3D"ltr">
d-morning yesterday (Sunday). A number of us searched the area from LaHave =
village and beyond to Cherry Hill Beach today with no success. It apparentl=
y has been AWOL from southern Ontario
 for three months, so it could show up anywhere or nowhere. <br>
ldeer on a sandy stretch of shoreline well south of the extreme southern en=
d of the Green Bay Road. Others saw it later.&nbsp;A male Eurasian Wigeon w=