[NatureNS] eagles & pets, wild turkeys, mink & muskrat, b. eagle

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 04:31:02 +0000

	font-size:1
--_000_BLUPR11MB0834AD2B44E2785E6CBA8808B5520BLUPR11MB0834namp_

With nest monitoring for the Maritime Nest Records Scheme for ospreys in th=
e area, I witnessed the taking of young osprey out of the nest behind the t=
heatre a few years ago by a bald eagle. The young osprey was taken to feed =
the young of the eagle at a nearby nest.  I've often watched interactions a=
t both the bald eagle nest and the osprey nests in the area between the two=
 species. The osprey were often quite aggressive in the protection of their=
 young and driving the bald eagle away.

James R. Hirtle

LaHave