[NatureNS] Film Screening: "Call of the Forest" (Fri 24 March)

From: Burkhard Plache <burkhardplache@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:27:32 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The following film may be of interest to naturalists.
I do not know it, and I am not associated with
Carbon Arc Cinema. At the time of this writing,
24 tickets were left for sale at the door.

The screening will be in the auditorium of the
Museum of Natural History, starting at 7pm,
at a entry fee of $7.

Burkhard

----

Details:

Call of the Forest comments on the state of the world's
old growth forests and reminds us that trees provide
emotional and physical benefits to those ever in its
presence.

As Canadian-Irish scientist and author Diana Beresford-Kroeger
travels around the world, speaking with the scientists,
foresters and activists working to protect and replenish
the world's northern forests, we learn that trees are our
salvation in maintaining our complex network of biodiversity,
protecting us from the detriments of climate change and
preserving our fragile water systems.
We must do all we can to preserve and replant them.

"Call of the Forest is a film of rare significance.
It draws the viewer into the green world that sustains
life on this planet at a crucial ecological point.”
– Annie Proulx,
Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award winning author

Jeffrey McKay / Canada / 2016 / 82m
Fri Mar 24, 7pm - doors open at 6:30