[NatureNS] Latest Reports

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:01:09 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D2AE47.5E1F5B30

it has been a couple busy days here in White Point, Queens.  We have had =
=E2=80=9Cregulars=E2=80=9D coming back the past couple days. We are now =
up to 9 Grackles, some of which are already going with building =
material. Damage to the trees due to the ice storm hasn=E2=80=99t =
daunted them one bit. They scavenge through the debris and off they go =
with finds various.
We have Crows,Mourning Doves, Blue Jays, Starlings, a Cardinal, =
Red-winged black birds, males and females, a Cowbird, Robins, a good =
group extra showed up today. Chickadees, lots of Goldfinches, Nuthatches =
(probably more than ever before, 5 white breasteds and 1 red bellied), =
Juncos (a number more of the dark ones came in this am), Sparrows: song =
and white throats as well as three fox sparrows. Missing are the =
American tree and the chipping sparrows. I have yet to see a white =
crowned either.=20
Two purple finches showed up yesterday with a female and she was =
accepting  treats being offered by the male.=20

Woodpeckers include the Downies and the Hairies. The big Maple by the =
driveway took some hits and that damage will likely have done in a =
number of their caches and nest holes.=20
I have a distant photo of a bird, I think is a female Dickessil. Today =
it was sitting on the outer side of the grapevine and is not showing it =
well. The bird bit I got is clear, a portion of the face and head, part =
of the back but...

Today there was another. One of those birds you know what it is but just =
can=E2=80=99t pull it from the depths.=20

Pretty soon time to get the hummingbird feeder out. I usually have one =
out by March 15th but somehow it got away from me. I thought I saw a =
swallow the other day when I was working on cleaning up. I =
didn=E2=80=99t see it again and hope it was just wishful viewing.=20
Best regards, =20
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,=20
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia=20
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393=20
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca=20
By Appointment, please

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D2AE47.5E1F5B30

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>it has been a couple busy days here in White Point, Queens.&nbsp; =
We have=20
had =E2=80=9Cregulars=E2=80=9D coming back the past couple days. We are =
now up to 9 Grackles,=20
some of which are already going with building material. Damage to the =
trees due=20
to the ice storm hasn=E2=80=99t daunted them one bit. They scavenge =
through the debris=20
and off they go with finds various.</DIV>
<DIV>We have Crows,Mourning Doves, Blue Jays, Starlings, a Cardinal, =
Red-winged=20
black birds, males and females, a Cowbird, Robins, a good group extra =
showed up=20
today. Chickadees, lots of Goldfinches, Nuthatches (probably more than =
ever=20
before, 5 white breasteds and 1 red bellied), Juncos (a number more of =
the dark=20
ones came in this am), Sparrows: song and white throats as well as three =
fox=20
sparrows. Missing are the American tree and the chipping sparrows. I =
have yet to=20
see a white crowned either. </DIV>
<DIV>Two purple finches showed up yesterday with a female and she was=20
accepting&nbsp; treats being offered by the male. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Woodpeckers include the Downies and the Hairies. The big Maple by =
the=20
driveway took some hits and that damage will likely have done in a =
number of=20
their caches and nest holes. </DIV>
<DIV>I have a distant photo of a bird, I think is a female Dickessil. =
Today it=20
was sitting on the outer side of the grapevine and is not showing it =
well. The=20
bird bit I got is clear, a portion of the face and head, part of the =
back=20
but...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Today there was another. One of those birds you know what it is but =
just=20
can=E2=80=99t pull it from the depths. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Pretty soon time to get the hummingbird feeder out. I usually have =
one out=20
by March 15th but somehow it got away from me. I thought I saw a swallow =
the=20
other day when I was working on cleaning up. I didn=E2=80=99t see it =
again and hope it=20
was just wishful viewing. </DIV>
<DIV>Best regards,&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Marg</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: =
#000000">White Point=20
Artist, Marg Millard<BR>19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co., =
<BR>R.R.=20
# 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia <BR>B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393=20
<BR>LocalArtistMargMillard.ca <BR>By Appointment, please</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D2AE47.5E1F5B30--