[NatureNS] Miner's Marsh KIngfisher

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:42:40 -0400

NDk3RCI+TGFuY2UgTGF2aW9sZXR0ZTxvOnA+PC9vOnA+PC9zc
On 4/18/2017 11:11 AM, Laviolette, Lance wrote:
> “Truck loads from TO” reminds me of a story...

* ...on our 2002 James Bay Expedition - http://pinicola.ca/g2003b.htm -
we found a very tame single Canada Goose at a boatlunch ramp way north
in Quebec - and the sad story we told was that she'd mated with a
northern Quebec male during the winter, had followed him north, and he'd
been taken out by the spring Goose hunt, leaving her an urban widow in
the wilderness.

fred.

--
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad