[NatureNS] An early American Redstart

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 09:59:48 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I heard this bird yesterday morning and thought it sounded like a Redstart. Today I had a glimpse of a dark warbler like shape in the treetops and managed to record it. Seems early but it does sound like a Redstart. I can forward the recording to anyone who might like to hear it.

Wood Ducks are nesting in the Barred Owl box above the shed. The guarding male has now departed so the female is likely incubating. She only flies out early in the morning and late in the evening for a short break

Nancy
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.

Sent from my iPad