[NatureNS] NOS - a great night for ambiance

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 01:35:10 +0000

evening,
--_000_DM5PR1101MB2106F35FCAB70407DD971ED3B5E80DM5PR1101MB2106_

The three routes that I run have definitely seen habitat removal and destru=
ction since I started them.  Many of the stops when you drive through durin=
g the day show miles of clearcut the other side of a roadside tree border. =
 Also, many houses have been built right where my stops are since I started=
.  There are also stops where trees had been where owls nested and they've =
removed these trees with selective cutting leaving no nest sites behind.  I=
t definitely has had an impact in those areas dropping them from three spec=
ies of owls to one or two species and finally to none for the past two or t=
hree years.  It is sad to see this.

James R. Hirtle

LaHave