[NatureNS] Growning red maples from suckers

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 17:34:20 -0400

On 5/8/2017 5:19 PM, Ronald Arsenault wrote:

> Try this site: http://macphailwoods.org/nursery/  This nursery
> specializes in propagating native species... with specific recommendations for many species on the species pages, but
> unfortunately not for Red Maple.

* we have a few distinctive and iconic Red Maples in our village -
http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.ca/2010/03/red-maple-oil-on-canvas-5-x-7-in.html
- and we've been trying to root a replacement from twigs for some time,
but even with Willows in the jar, to provide rooting hormones, we've
just failed again, and I've decided to go with seedlings.

fred.

--
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/