[NatureNS] Black chinned hummingbird

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 21:19:49 -0300

yes I know it is close, Ken.  The bird seems chunkier and well, I will keep
checking. Won't be the first time I am wrong but well, this time I don't
think I am. Watch for it. It might come your way.
Steve got a very bad photo and I have offered it to Ian to check if he can
do anything with it.  We have cameras at each feeder window so will keep an
eye out tomorrow.
.

Marg, my large Sibley's guide shows almost identical photos for both
black-chinned and ruby-throated species with the difference being in the
wing tip shape.  Also the black-chinned is generally found in the Western
states so must have taken a wrong turn somewhere or is travelling with the
wrong flock!  Better get that camera out.  Hope he settles so you can get a
good shot of him for a positive ID.

Regards

Ken

Port Mouton, NS