[NatureNS] Breeding Raven Pair/ Grahams Grove Area, Dartmouth.

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 15:03:43 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_l1OgUz6Llqnj2tKZv11Iuw)

 Hello All,

Just an update on the 'City Slicker' Raven pair that have made the Brookedale Cres. area, close to the end of the Grahams Grove walkway, their home.
Once again they have raised a family, in a tall evergreen tree, right in front of a busy, well populated apartment/condo building, there close to the street.
The youngsters (I counted, at least 4 today) have fledged and are sticking close to the area & are currently within the trees, along the walkway, leading up to MicMac Blvd. They were easy to find as they are quite vocal. The parents are keeping a watchful eye on them as they, clumsily, practice their flying skills. Interestingly, the crows are staying away from them, or they were today, when I observed them.
Should have had my camera, but I did not.

Have a wonderful long wkend, everyone!!!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_l1OgUz6Llqnj2tKZv11Iuw)

<DIV>&nbsp;Hello All,</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Just an update on the 'City Slicker' Raven pair that have made the Brookedale Cres. area, close to the end of the Grahams Grove walkway, their home. </DIV><DIV>Once again they have&nbsp;raised a family, in&nbsp;a tall evergreen tree, right in front of a busy, well populated apartment/condo building, there close to the street. </DIV><DIV>The youngsters (I counted, at least 4 today) have fledged and are sticking close to the area &amp; are currently within the trees, along the walkway, leading up to MicMac Blvd. They were easy to find as they are quite vocal. The parents are keeping a watchful eye on them as they, clumsily, practice their flying skills. Interestingly, the crows are staying away from them, or they were today, when I observed them.</DIV><DIV>Should have had my camera, but I did not.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Have a wonderful long wkend, everyone!!!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gayle MacLean</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_l1OgUz6Llqnj2tKZv11Iuw)--