[NatureNS] Sightings Around My Backyard & Nearby Dog Walking Areas

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 14:13:35 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_ncNAS9vpaxmZ7gQAjbwOrA)

 Heard & seen in my backyard, & within the greenbelt, in back of our street, are Northern Cardinals, Red-winged Blackbirds, Grackles, Flickers, Hairy & Downy Woodpeckers, Blue-jays, Starlings, American Robins, Song Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-eyed Vireos. Have not seen any Hummingbirds at all, mind you.
Along our usual Grahams Grove walking trail, there is a pair of Yellow Warblers that have returned to nest near the 1st turn in the low bushes, along the walkway, close to the highway.
I actually met a photographer, with a serious long-lensed camera, walking slowly along, looking up in the bushy banks above the walkway. I let him know about the Warblers. I pointed them out to him, at the area, they are often seen, and he was able to get a lovely photo of the female.
Gorgeous day out there!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_ncNAS9vpaxmZ7gQAjbwOrA)

<DIV>&nbsp;Heard &amp; seen&nbsp;in my backyard, &amp; within the greenbelt, in back of our street, are Northern Cardinals, Red-winged Blackbirds, Grackles, Flickers, Hairy &amp; Downy Woodpeckers, Blue-jays, Starlings, American Robins, Song Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-eyed Vireos. Have not seen any Hummingbirds at all, mind you.</DIV><DIV>Along our usual Grahams Grove walking trail, there is a pair of Yellow Warblers that have returned to nest near the 1st turn in the low bushes, along the walkway,&nbsp;close to&nbsp;the highway. </DIV><DIV>I actually met a&nbsp;photographer, with a serious long-lensed camera, walking slowly along, looking up in the bushy&nbsp;banks above the walkway.&nbsp;I let him know about the Warblers. I pointed them out to him,&nbsp;at the area, they are often seen,&nbsp;and he was able to get a lovely photo of the female. </DIV><DIV>Gorgeous day out there!</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gayle MacLean</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_ncNAS9vpaxmZ7gQAjbwOrA)--