[NatureNS] Shore birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:46:08 -0300

Last evening, June 21, we took a drive to Ragged  Harbour, Queens Co., and
on to Andrews Head, Beach Meadows and back. Tide was high so the marshes
were flooded. There were Willets at Ragged Harbour. We counted 7 birds. Last
trip there were two so I expect a nest has been successful. There were
probably more but when I realizes we were still too early we left.  Also
present were at least two Killdeer families, young going everywhere. I think
they totaled 9 but I was more intent on making sure no one went under the
wheels.  We slowly came off the road so as not to run anything over. There
has been a lot of cleanup there and push back of the cobble since the whale
clean up. We drove down to Andrews Head and  were suddenly inundated with
Killdeer chicks going everywhere. Again we didn't stay for photos (I paint
at both places) but worked our way out carefully and slowly. Goodness the
rocks are being pushed by the storms. So different these days compared to
when we were growing up!

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please