[NatureNS] Northern Cloudywing

From: Devin Johnstone <devjohnstone@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:15:42 +0000

--_000_DM5PR22MB02033E747BC3126C9AD86DB6D8D80DM5PR22MB0203namp_

Thanks for sharing Ken.

Around Kentville yesterday (June 22), the following species were observed:

1 Viceroy (FOY)

1 White Admiral (FOY)

1 Monarch (FOY - this was at Miner's marsh, and I did manage a rather poor =
photo that should suffice for ID purposes)

1 Long-dash Skipper (FOY)

Also on the wing were the usuals: Tiger Swallowtail, Northern Cresent, Peck=
's Skipper, European Skipper, Cabbage White, and Common Ringlet.

I had two others where I wasn't close enough or the butterfly didn't land t=
o get a firm ID: one was either a Painted or American Lady, the other was e=
ither a Silvery Blue or a Spring Azure.

Devin J

Kentville, NS