[NatureNS] Dark linear Isopod

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Donald McAlpine <Donald.McAlpine@nbm-mnb.ca>
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 23:18:02 -0400

On 7/2/2017 7:56 PM, David  Webster wrote:

> I noticed an unusual Isopod in an ornamental garden today so I
> grabbed it. About 10 mm long, 3.5 mm wide, parallel sided in dorsal
> view, dorsal surface dark with no obvious markings; about 6 pairs of
> legs (soon warms when removed from fridge so difficult to count).
> Is this something which has moved in recently ? I have never seen anything like it.

* send the specimen or a photo to Donald McAlpine
<Donald.McAlpine@nbm-mnb.ca> - he's working on terrestrial Isopods.

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
            Fragile Inheritance Natural History
for our annual letter, click '2016' at http://pinicola.ca/aboutus.htm
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
    on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain 44.87156°N 75.70095°W