[NatureNS] Monarch Update Valley

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Doug Linzey <doug@fundymud.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:14:02 -0300

Keep up the good work, Larry. It's great to know that your tags are
being found in Mexico -- positive feedback on the butterfly rearing project.

It's been about three years since we last saw a Monarch here on the
North Mountain. Here's hoping!

A question: Can Monarchs mate in Mexico, the female heading off for
Texas to lay eggs? Or do both sexes have to be at the breeding site to
make it work?

Cheers,
Doug Linzey
Arlington, NS