[NatureNS] ca. 150+ ch. swifts, Wolfville RTNC, July 18/17,

From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 15:51:05 -0300
Cc: Bonnie & Albert Johnson <albie.j@hotmail.com>,
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Tues., July 18/17, Wolfville, Robie Tufts Nature Centre, dusk:

arrival by Brenda & Paul Taylor: 9:00 p.m.;
departure by Taylors: 9:20 p.m.;

temp. 21 C., wind 0, precip. 0, sky ?sunny? (only a sketch provided);

entry time for first swift seen to enter chimney: 9:11 p.m.;
latest swift entry time seen: 9:18 p.m.

visual count of swifts seen: about 150+.
—————————

Thanks to the Taylors for their written report at the chimney.

This year we have been fortunate to have a lot of counts for Wolfville, and we still have another month or so for watching and counting the swifts there.  Blank sheets from Bird Studies Canada/Maritime SwiftWatch have been provided there for the use of all of us.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville.