[NatureNS] ID on Snails on The Walls of Fort On Georges Island

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:50:34 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_N05SvCeWUxCv0n6Qvc4a4A)

 Yesterday, I had a fabulous visit to Georges Island to tour historic Fort Charlotte.
I was surprised to see that the outside rock walls of the buildings were covered with small snails. They reminded me of periwinkles really, but were the colour of cream to a brighter yellow, the largest I saw was no more than a half an inch.
It's not like the walls were wet or damp, or they didn't appear to be to the touch, anyway.
Can anyone give me any information about them? I have photos if anyone wants me to send them to you.
I also looked for the famous Garter Snakes, but saw none.
Probably, too many people roaming around.
Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_N05SvCeWUxCv0n6Qvc4a4A)

<DIV>&nbsp;Yesterday, I had a fabulous visit to Georges Island to tour historic Fort Charlotte. </DIV><DIV>I was surprised to see that the outside rock walls of the buildings&nbsp;were covered with small snails. They reminded me of periwinkles really, but were the colour of cream to a brighter yellow, the largest I saw was no more than a half an inch. </DIV><DIV>It's not like the walls were wet or damp, or they didn't appear to be to the touch, anyway.</DIV><DIV>Can anyone give me any information about them? I have photos if anyone wants me to send them to you.</DIV><DIV>I also looked for the famous Garter Snakes, but saw none. </DIV><DIV>Probably, too many people roaming around.</DIV><DIV>Thank you very much in advance.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Sincerely,</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Gayle MacLean</DIV><DIV>Dartmouth</DIV>

--Boundary_(ID_N05SvCeWUxCv0n6Qvc4a4A)--