[NatureNS] Monarchs On The Move

Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 20:12:53 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

James, Thanks for the note on Monarchs.
I walked my field today and found only three Monarchs whereas last week we saw 8-10 Monarchs in a similar walk. I figured the Monarchs are leaving to head south.

We have released over one hundred now but still have over fifty being raised, mostly in the chrysalid stage. We still see new 'wild' ones coming out of the milkweed field also and noted many large caterpillars there.

Larry
--
Larry Bogan
<larry@bogan.ca>