[NatureNS] shrub ID

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 09:07:47 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

It's been a good year from growing shrubs (or brush if they are where you don't want them). I go down and lop the Alders growing b/t the lakeshore boulders every year around this time- some had made it to 6' in one season!).

This year there were two berried shrubs new to me on this stretch of exposed shoreline just above the rocks. One I have tentatively IDed as Canada Holly- please correct me if wrong:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/37241595531/in/dateposted-public/
The berries were very large for such a small bush (about the same size as the highbush blueberries sold in grocery stores).

The second looks to be in the blueberry/huckleberry family Ericaceae:
The shrub:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/37241623941/in/dateposted-public/
The berries and a leaf:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/37194682886/in/dateposted-public/