[NatureNS] Hudsonian Godwits, Caspian Tern at Morien Bar Thursday, Oct. 11

From: susann myers <myerss@eastlink.ca>
To: "Ns-rba@yahoogroups.ca" <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 09:50:45 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_9NvKHgYB3HvdPkS5V1yRbA)

During a shorebird survey at the Morien Bar mudflats on Thursday, I saw 3 Hudsonian Godwits among the roughly 600 shorebirds present. The godwits were seen from about 2.5 to 3 hours after low tide, from a point on the shoreline accessed from the highway, at about 0.9 kms from the Morien Bar access road, travelling southwest towards Homeville.In the afternoon, Bethsheila Kent and I saw two terns, one of them an adult Caspian Tern, over the Morien mudflats. The other tern appeared to be either a Common or Arctic Tern, but was too distant for ID to species. The two terns were seen in flight, then perched on the flats side by side. The Caspian Tern's large size and bulkiness, strong black crest, and large reddish bill could all be distinguished.Sorry for the late report - I'm having computer problems. Full report will be placed on eBird when I can access it.Cheers,Susann Myers

--Boundary_(ID_9NvKHgYB3HvdPkS5V1yRbA)

=3Cdiv=3EDuring a shorebird survey at the Morien Bar mudflats on Thursda=
y=2C I saw 3 Hudsonian Godwits among the roughly 600 shorebirds present=2E=
=A0 The godwits were seen from about 2=2E5 to 3 hours after low tide=2C =
from a point on the shoreline accessed from the highway=2C at about 0=2E=
9 kms from the Morien Bar access road=2C travelling southwest towards Ho=
meville=2E=3C/div=3E=3Cdiv=3E=3Cdiv =3E=3Cbr/=3E=3C/div=3E=3Cdiv=3E=3Cdi=
v=3EIn the afternoon=2C Bethsheila Kent and I saw two terns=2C one of th=
em an adult Caspian Tern=2C over the Morien mudflats=2E=A0 The other ter=
n appeared to be either a Common or Arctic Tern=2C but was too distant f=
or ID to species=2E=A0 The two terns were seen in flight=2C then perched=
 on the flats side by side=2E=A0 The Caspian Tern=27s large size and bul=
kiness=2C strong black crest=2C and large reddish bill could all be dist=
inguished=2E=3C/div=3E=3Cdiv=3E=3Cdiv =3E=3Cbr/=3E=3C/div=3E=3Cdiv=3E=3C=
div=3ESorry for the late report - I=27m having computer problems=2E=A0 F=
ull report will be placed on eBird when I can access it=2E=3C/div=3E=3Cd=
iv=3E=3Cdiv =3E=3Cbr/=3E=3C/div=3E=3Cdiv=3E=3Cdiv=3ECheers=2C=3C/div=3E=3C=
div=3ESusann Myers=3C/div=3E=3C/div=3E=3C/div=3E=3C/div=3E=3C/div=3E=3C/=
div=3E=3C/div=3E

--Boundary_(ID_9NvKHgYB3HvdPkS5V1yRbA)--