[NatureNS] Mini Fallout

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 21:08:46 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_y9OJIpY+BPaT0tjfOjHF9g)

I awoke to see a turkey vulture flying just outside my bedroom window.
I had slept in somewhat, but the vulture was a clear sign that it was
high time to rise and show some life.  I can't imagine waking to two
indigo buntings.

I loved reading your account of migrating birds today.  It inspires me
to look more carefully (and perhaps rise earlier on a Sunday morning).
It was a beautiful day.

Donna Crossland

On 2017-10-29 9:31 AM, James Hirtle wrote:

> Well I'd first like to say that I'm upset that I have to work again
> today and cannot be out and about to enjoy all of the the good birds
> around.  On the plus side when I stumbled out of bed this morning and
> looked out of the window I was surprised to see two indigo buntings.
> Of course they immediately flew off before I could grab the camera.
> There was a large number of warblers hopping around the trees.  By the
> time I was clothed and out the door the warblers had disappeared, but
> I immediately noted a flycatcher.  I'm still not sure if I had both a
> phoebe and a pewee.  The photos will tell.  I think that there were
> two flycatchers.  The one was making a consistent call, not like I've
> heard before I don't think, so I have some sound clips that I'll
> listen too before I comment.  When I have time and am not working that
> is.  I then watched a female rose-breasted grosbeak fly in.  There
> were some other species about, but nothing special, other then a brief
> look at what I believe was a yellow-throated vireo. It did not stay
> stationary long enough for me to be positive of the ID though.
>

> James R. Hirtle
>
> LaHave

---

--Boundary_(ID_y9OJIpY+BPaT0tjfOjHF9g)

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      window.  I had slept in somewhat, but the vulture was a clear sign
      that it was high time to rise and show some life.  I can't imagine
      waking to two indigo buntings.  <br>
      inspires me to look more carefully (and perhaps rise earlier on a
      Sunday morning).  It was a beautiful day.<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:BLUPR11MB0468D63DFC7CAA6EF7F0BF53B5580@BLUPR11MB0468.namprd11.prod.outlook.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
style="font-size:24pt;color:#000000;font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;"
        dir="ltr">
[...]
          of the ID though.  </p>

--Boundary_(ID_y9OJIpY+BPaT0tjfOjHF9g)--