[NatureNS] Broad Winged Hawk

From: chris kennedy <cjkennedy66@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 07:52:22 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e08232b4ce9e371055cc16e39

I was out with Dave Currie and Jim Edsall yesterday morning in Dartmouth
and also thought I had heard a Broad-winged hawk, burt was unable to
confirm.

-Chris Kennedy in Dartmouth

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 4:48 AM, nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> I heard one in the woods yesterday. The piercing sound on one level was
> not a Pewee I believe- too drawn out and level. Unfortunately no recording
> as it only occurred a couple of times then silence. EBird lists this as
> rare at this time of year. So I am questioning my observation. An
> impossibility?
>
> We are not getting the coastal bird fallout that many are enjoying.
>
> Nancy
> E Dalhousie, Kings Co.
>
> Sent from my iPad

--089e08232b4ce9e371055cc16e39

g in Dartmouth and also thought I had heard a Broad-winged hawk, burt was u=
2017 at 4:48 AM, nancy dowd <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypd=
owd@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">nancypdowd@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I heard one in the woods yesterday. The =
piercing sound on one level was not a Pewee I believe- too drawn out and le=
vel. Unfortunately no recording as it only occurred a couple of times then =
silence. EBird lists this as rare at this time of year. So I am questioning=
 my observation. An impossibility?<br>
We are not getting the coastal bird fallout that many are enjoying.<br>
Nancy<br>
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.<br>
Sent from my iPad<br>

--089e08232b4ce9e371055cc16e39--