Re[4]: [NatureNS] Masters Student Conducting Phragmites Research

From: Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 21:55:28 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M8MZZ8N - and she'd v
That's pretty much the local legend that I have heard too.  People in
other places seem to have similar stories.  Where I lived in Quebec in
the 1960s, there was some of it growing in a ditch right in front of a
farm that kept rodeo animals -- bucking horses and Brahma bulls that
were taken around to rodeos in the U.S. and Canada.  I always figured
that the stuff got its start from some kind of bedding that came back
with the animals from somewhere -- just a guess, but it seems quite
likely.  Anyhow, it what once was a small patch in the 1960s, now
stretches along the highway for many kilometres.  It's been quite
successful.

Bev