[NatureNS] Northern Pulp treatment plan

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: pce@accesswave.ca
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 21:42:44 -0400

0cm 0cm'&gt;&lt;p class=

--Boundary_(ID_Zg9if+CX6rTpIrOkOh6FMw)

Thanks, John - well put. Most politicians are just like the rest of us,
except that they have a really, really hard job. They often have to
decide between competing interests, with no clear "right" answer. As
Otto von Bismarck said, “Politics is the art of the possible, the
attainable — the art of the next best”. They can't win, and I don't envy
them their job.

--- Peter Payzant

On 2017-12-08 8:31 PM, John and Nhung wrote:

> None of us are privy to what drives the decisions the government
> makes, and I am glad I am not an elected MLA.  It’s impossible to do a
> perfect (maybe even good) job.  The only guarantee is that you will
> make mistakes and annoy everyone, at some point, and you will almost
> never have all the information you need to make a
> sufficiently-informed decision.
>
> I have huge problems with the way they are managing the forests, but
> considering our (growing) debt servicing costs, our need for various
> services, including infrastructure maintenance, and the demands for
> higher pay from public employees, maybe the forests are a politically
> low-hanging fruit.  I strongly disagree that their holding the line
> with teachers and public servants is stupid.  We all have to tighten
> our belts.
>
> I believe in constructive criticism and mutually respectful debate,
> but have limited patience with name-calling and gratuitous bashing.

--Boundary_(ID_Zg9if+CX6rTpIrOkOh6FMw)

  <head>
  </head>
    Thanks, John - well put. Most politicians are just like the rest of
    us, except that they have a really, really hard job. They often have
    to decide between competing interests, with no clear "right" answer.
    As Otto von Bismarck said, “Politics is the art of the possible, the
    attainable — the art of the next best”. They can't win, and I don't
    envy them their job.<br>
    --- Peter Payzant<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:004d01d37084$ff5411d0$fdfc3570$@eastlink.ca">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Segoe UI";
	panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;}
/* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">None
            of us are privy to what drives the decisions the government
            makes, and I am glad I am not an elected MLA.  It’s
            impossible to do a perfect (maybe even good) job.  The only
            guarantee is that you will make mistakes and annoy everyone,
            at some point, and you will almost never have all the
            information you need to make a sufficiently-informed
            decision.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">I
            have huge problems with the way they are managing the
            forests, but considering our (growing) debt servicing costs,
            our need for various services, including infrastructure
            maintenance, and the demands for higher pay from public
            employees, maybe the forests are a politically low-hanging
            fruit.  I strongly disagree that their holding the line with
            teachers and public servants is stupid.  We all have to
            tighten our belts.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">I
            believe in constructive criticism and mutually respectful
            debate, but have limited patience with name-calling and
            gratuitous bashing.</span><br>

--Boundary_(ID_Zg9if+CX6rTpIrOkOh6FMw)--