[NatureNS] white-wing crossbill?

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:38:39 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I have a recording of a bird I heard today in wet conifer woods. I did not see it. The sound was coming from low down in the trees otherwise I am sure it would be White-winged Crossbill. I walked away at first thinking it might be a Winter Wren, which would be odd at this time of year, because of the song length and location of the bird but listening to it, I am thinking it is not high or liquid enough unless a sub song. Anyone want to take a listen? Thanks in advance.

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.