Typha correction was: Re[3]: [NatureNS] Canada Geese

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=208.103.226.32; helo=[192.168.0.100]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: David <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:41:57 +0000

------ Original Message ------
From: "David" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Sent: 3/4/2018 9:17:20 PM
Subject: Re[2]: [NatureNS] Canada Geese

Hi Again,
     I got it backwards last evening. The edible part of the immature
cattail spike is the male upper portion.  The lower female portion is
brittle and is readily broken making it easy to snap off when harvesting
the upper. Boil in slightly salted water so flowers can be stripped from
core. Roll in butter or equivalent and strip male flowers off with teeth
or strip off to mix with egg and cook again in oven.
Yt, DW, Kentville