[NatureNS] Merlin -Wolfville

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 14:47:14 -0300

Jean Timpa reports a Merlin was very vocal this morning in the Gaspereau
Ave/Kings St  area around her home in Wolfville.

On another note.

Help needed: Can anyone suggest a way to keep deer away from our yew bush in
the back yard. It's about 7'-8' tall and quite bushy.   Deer have been
appearing in our back yard, not unexpected as they often move around the
Ridge Rd woods.  2 days ago there were three, yesterday evening four
appeared and they discovered the yew bush.   I managed to scare them away
but today FIVE appeared mid-day and the first thing they looked for was the
yew bush, of course. This is going to be a guessing game between the timing
of the deer's foray and my being available to stop them.

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts

   Wolfville

<<<<<<<<