[NatureNS] eBird question

From: Chris Kennedy <cjkennedy66@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 10:28:20 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--089e08236fb0d480300569929c9a

Nancy and all others,

It was a good question and one that I too didn't know the answer to for
quite some time, despite still ebirding.

Linked here are all the eBird quick help articles for many, many common
eBird data entering questions,

http://help.ebird.org/?t=

Cheers,
Chris Kennedy

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:06 AM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all. Good to finally be clear on this.
>
> Nancy
> On 2018-04-11, at 9:09 AM, susann myers <myerss@eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
> > Greetings, Nancy.
> >
> > To add a little detail to Keith's reply, re your 1 km walk when you
> return by the same route: if you are still birding on the return journey,
> then you would report one km. distance (this is the length of trail
> covered), 60 minutes time, and all the birds found.  You can think of it as
> reporting all the birds that you saw in that area, in the 60 minutes that
> you were birding there.  But if you're not birding on the way back, just
> walking briskly and ignoring bird calls that you hear etc., then it's
> appropriate to report only the 30 minute outward trip on eBird.
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Susann Myers
> >

> > On 04/11/18 08:03 AM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> When the list is logged as Travelling I do one way lists i.e. a 1km
> walk one way that took 30min would be the entered distance and time. I do a
> separate tally for the way back (another 1 km and 30min list) and usually
> only submit one. Is this correct when you are walking along a road or path
> one way and returning along the same route?
> >>
> >> Were this a loop circuit the distance time would be logged as 2km and
> 1hr?
> >>
> >> Nancy

--089e08236fb0d480300569929c9a

was a good question and one that I too didn&#39;t know the answer to for qu=
 eBird quick help articles for many, many common eBird data entering questi=
"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:06 =
AM, NancyDowd <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com"=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex">Thank you all. Good to finally be clear on this.<br>
Nancy<br>
On 2018-04-11, at 9:09 AM, susann myers &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:myerss@eastli=
nk.ca">myerss@eastlink.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Greetings, Nancy.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; To add a little detail to Keith&#39;s reply, re your 1 km walk when yo=
u return by the same route: if you are still birding on the return journey,=
 then you would report one km. distance (this is the length of trail covere=
d), 60 minutes time, and all the birds found.=C2=A0 You can think of it as =
reporting all the birds that you saw in that area, in the 60 minutes that y=
ou were birding there.=C2=A0 But if you&#39;re not birding on the way back,=
 just walking briskly and ignoring bird calls that you hear etc., then it&#=
39;s appropriate to report only the 30 minute outward trip on eBird.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I hope this helps.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; cheers,<br>
&gt; Susann Myers<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On 04/11/18 08:03 AM, NancyDowd &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail=
.com">nancypdowd@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; When the list is logged as Travelling I do one way lists i.e. a 1k=
m walk one way that took 30min would be the entered distance and time. I do=
 a separate tally for the way back (another 1 km and 30min list) and usuall=
y only submit one. Is this correct when you are walking along a road or pat=
h one way and returning along the same route?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Were this a loop circuit the distance time would be logged as 2km =
and 1hr?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Nancy<br>

--089e08236fb0d480300569929c9a--